Sunday, March 2, 2008

hair...

hypervigilantbarbie braided my hair last night so I'm ready to rock and roll...hair is strange, what is this thing that grows out your head? women will go to all lengths to have hair...they weave it, braid it with extensions or just wear a wig...then you have the other side who "fight" the norm and go with the bald look...making a statement...in my first life I was a beautician and owned a shop for two years...I actually still hold my license...I never know when/if I got to go back to the salon to make a buck (I'm a hustling bitch)...
its my experience that Spanish women love the hair...you should see them in the beauty palour...they condition the hair lovingly...using the best products...some women never cut the hair...it's a symbol of womanhood...for us, we refuse to do what's necessary to take care of the hair, instead opting for instant results that we pass off as our own hair...we fry, glue, and spritz the hair to what we think it should look like...women say they do these things for men, but men tell me they hate the weaves and extensions and hard hairstyles....when I was in the shop, the men would complain..."why you gotta get that?...take that shit out"...
me personally, hate the fake hair thing too...I never had a weave...diva will wear weave, wigs and extensions, but never attempts to pass it off as her own hair...so you will see her with lavender braids one day, her regular flip do the next and a fab weave the next...MMB has straight/curly/poofy hair and sometimes wants braids/weaves but 1. doesn't have the patience to sit and get the hair did and 2. wouldn't keep it in for more than a week, even if the process took hours (wasting my money...big fight)...
so I braided my hair...I am fighting the urge to cut it...just don't have the head (big like my daddy) or the hair (curly/very poofy)for a short cut...my childhood was spent with a "afro"...I actually loved it, but as I got older it wasn't a good look...
if I put extensions I put them at the end so my braids won't unravel...this time I didn't do that...my hair is just above my bra-strap when I blow it out, so it's not about adding length...I have this thing with being phony...you meet folk with this long fab hair, then the next time you see them you got hair to your ears...they say "oh, like my haircut?" no bitch, you took the weave out...

so I now look like I'm 13, especially with my weight loss...the girls tell me I look like a doll...but I'd rather look 13 than 60 (although bigbear looks fabulous for her age...45 on a bad day)...

on another note, MMB and whirlwind had a fight this morning...she was laying in my bed and he got MAD..."it's mine...move (MMB), GO (MMB)" she moved to my side (I always sleep on the outside, even when I sleep alone) "NO, that's muma...go (MMB)"...it took me a while to calm him down..."that's MY muma, you go"...kinda reminded me of the eyeball thing...

3 comments:

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

i bet it looks nice ms 13 yr old

professor said...

yeah, I got my shoutouts...

The Bear Maiden said...

LOL. Hey Mr. T, you dumped me for sis!? LOL.

Too funny about TinyOne/Whirlwind and MMB. He's quite possessive right this second, isn't he.