Saturday, July 5, 2008

the day after

oh say can you see
by the dawns early light
the left over residue
from last nights fight
on the ramparts I watched
the poor trees screaming
again I ask
was I only dreaming?
the cops never came
the streets torn down
the cars, buildings
does this happen downtown?
my house smells of smoke
but the curtains were saved
another year we're safe
from the neighborhoods craze
oh say that the star spangled
banner does wave
o'er the land of the free
and the block of the brave

5 comments:

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

wow

Regina said...

Both days were GREAT! People are nutso even here in the boondocks. At least greater distance between houses makes my curtains safer, but the smell is still there.

Happy belated 4th!

The Bear Maiden said...

LOL. Tomcat said it was loud down in the projects, too...

Sista GP said...

interesting twist of a poem

Anonymous said...

Nice stories of life struggle you have. I can imagine how hard it is to live as a single mother.
Thanks,

http://englishland.or.id/stories