Wednesday, July 16, 2008

dude...get off the corner...

I live a stones throw away from the soon to be demolished Yankee stadium and the newly constructed UGLY Yankee stadium (actually the both look just the same-just across the street from one another-go figure)...
anywho, last night was the all star game, played at the soon to be demolished stadium...I took a long walk with my sunshine and as I crossed one bridge I could hear the national anthem playing...I ended up on the corner to wait for choclahontas to collect her child as I'm assuming they were finishing up the opening ceremonies...now being a news whore I knew at some point there was going to be a flyover of sorts...just wasn't sure which planes were playing...I love planes and cars, so I try to see...
I was standing on the corner when I heard a noise...looked up and in all its glory was the stealth bomber...this is my second experience seeing the stealth bomber...it is truly a work of design genius (although it had/has many issues in the field)...you don't hear it until it's right over your head (hence the name people) and when it's about a block away you don't hear it anymore...
my lovely folk also heard the noise and said "oh shit...what the fuck is that?...yo, it's a UFO"...folk, I tell you no lie...at the same time I was telling sunshine "look, pa, the stealth bomber"...dudes standing next to me said "you sure? that shit looks like a UFO..." "why that shit was moving so slow?" asked another fellow "yo, that shit's supposed to move fast...what the fuck, they watching us? they gonna bomb Harlem?"...no, I said, they were doing a fly over..."word, I wouldn't known that shit if you didn't tell me...that shit still look like a UFO"...dudes who where on the other side of the street flirting with the girls and drinking soda missed it all...
still reeling from the ignorance of it all I handed over tunner to his mom and walked up the block...
there is a group of folk that take over the sidewalk in the evenings...they set up the card table...break out the henny and dutch, line the kids up in the strollers- keeping them quiet and contained with ices and chips- set up the radio to play the latest songs on the ipod and lounge...as I walked past this charming group I overheard one say to another "that shit did look like a UFO..." a taller older gentleman of the street explained about the bombers, but went on to add "you know they gonna bomb Harlem to get rid of the black folk, so the white folk can move on in"...Um, like setting off a roach bomb perhaps? I wanted to ask...if they bomb Harlem, there won't be any buildings for white folks to move into...
ah, and we wonder why we're so fucked up...read a paper, watch the news, GET THE FUCK OFF THE CORNER...like bigbear said "earth to wheezy"...

2 comments:

The Bear Maiden said...

LOL.

On the other hand... ignorance is bliss!

Or so they tell me.

rawdawgbuffalo said...

LMBao