Wednesday, May 2, 2007

I am tired

OK here's the deal...I live with a bunch of spoiled asses...yes I spoiled them and you know what, that was the biggest mistake I ever made.
You have to understand, choclahontas has ADHD. It was always easier to clean myself than to take the whole day to sit with her and have her do something that should take about ten minutes. When she was younger it took her an hour to eat ONE BOWL OF CEREAL. She was so slow I got out of the habit of giving her breakfast at home. She always ate on the run, so by the time we got to our destination she would be done.
Another mistake, which I don't beat myself up for because I didn't know, was she should have gone to a therapeutic nursery. There she would have gotten the services she needed free of charge. OT would have addressed her fine motor, PT would have addressed the delays we had due to the building falling on us when she was three (one day I'll write that story), speech would have addressed her language, which today is horrible (on most days), and counseling would have addressed her many issues.
so here we are...her organizational skills are horrible. She tries, really tries, but she never finishes anything. So the cleaning project is always almost done. Most days she will sweep, but leave the pile of dirt in the middle of the floor. If I leave it, there it will stay until tunner begins to play in it (he actually tries to clean it up...he's a neat freak and gets upset when things are out of place...that's why he likes being in my room). She will begin many large projects at one time...cooking a five course meal, while attempting to wash a months worth of clothes.
But you can't tell her anything...and I have tried many approaches that end the same way. She screams, slams doors, leaves the house, throws things or just tells me "shut up...I don't want to hear you talk" etc. But nothing changes. Most days I'm too tired to deal, so I say whatever however and let the chips fall where they may.
So Pita, who most days gets on my nerves, has picked up on this...so when I tell him he must pull his weight and clean will reply "talk to your daughter, that's her shit"...this is mostly true, but I tell him you're a couple so you are both responsible...OK this has little to no effect.
Case in point today I came home from a really really really hard day and I walk into the kitchen and guess what...Pita flooded the kitchen yesterday by washing the clothes and not taking the dishes out of the sink...so the pots under the sink were filled with dirty water...so before I could think of cooking I had to wash pots...clothes, dirty? clean? are on the floor, table, chairs, the counter...OK to be fair they did wash the towels...partly because I don't do it. I hide my towel and tissue in my closet...dirty pots and dishes lined the counter...choclahontas is MIA without her phone, and I'm stuck with tunner.
So my new thing is I'm charging them ten dollars a day for every day that I have to trip over their shit...I know I won't collect, but maybe it will make them think.
But they take the things from around the house and throw it in the room...I wouldn't care but tunner lives there (well he doesn't cause he wont stay in there...he always want to be with me).
The room should be condemned. Garbage mixed with clothes, dirty? clean?, shoes, food, cups, dirty plate, snotty tissues...lets put it this way, anything that goes in that room does not come out until its moldy and black...
moodmagicbarbie feels she can do it too because her older sister does it...I redid her room and she did good for a while, but is starting to slip...for her its a little easier cause all I have to do is take her phone and no Internet...
So long story short, I did not make dinner, moodmagicbarbie ate leftovers and tunner fell asleep. Hopefully they will give him a good breakfast tomorrow...
So here I am at the table after pushing aside a pile of dirty? clean? clothes, sat on a pile of clean? dirty? clothes on the chair and ate curry chicken sauce (all the chicken was gone) two pieces of toast, and let over chicken wings from big bear, as I gazed at tunners dirty socks and pita's dirty sneaker in a shoe box on the table, and realized that I didn't get to the gym, and can't go tomorrow cause choclahontas has school (unless I get up at five and get to the gym by six to leave at six thirty to get moodmagicbarbie out of bed-cause she just WON'T get out of bed unless I bang on the loftbed, and who has the energy for all that and deal with the idiots at work)...
Tomorrow I'll tell you the good things...I promise
OK, I can't leave you on a bad note...
As part of my job, we do evaluations for three to five year olds to determine if they need services. I do social histories, and coordinate everything else.
So one women, who I had started the process with, brought her daughter in for a speech eval. I was in and out of the office. This women went into my office, got my keys, opened my drawer and took out 220.00 out of my wallet. I realized this the next day. So I called her and told her that I knew she took the money, but I would still continue the evaluation because I wasn't going to let her daughter suffer because she's an ass. I filed a police report. Fast forward a month. She was arrested (I was surprised they did this). She called and promised to return my money. I said to myself "whatever". But you know what? yesterday she brought me a money order for 220.00. I told her there is no reason to steal with all the options that are out there.
So that's that...maybe I'll feel better tomorrow...

2 comments:

The Bear Maiden said...

So here's what I say: PUT THEM OUT. Where they go is not up to you. They are grown with a family. I love them dearly, but you need to stop being a martyr. Suffering is for suckers. Stop suffering. And I'm going to get all my friends to read your blog so they can tell you the same thing. :)

OTOH, the woman bringing you back your money is truly a feat and one that deserves honor and respect...

Anonymous said...

I have to admit that I feel like The Bear Maiden is right. They are grown. PITA needs to grow up and take on the responsibility for your little sweetie. That is their responsibility, not yours. She's done great with all that has happened to her BUT it's time she grew up. My house is an absolute mess but NOTHING like how you describe their room. I had CPS take my kids because I couldn't take care of them because of my diabetes. Here in OK, they take them away sometimes for something as simple as that. Keeping house is hard when I am a single working mom (like you know) with two disabled kids. Both are autistic with ADHD so I understand the problem with choclahontas. Do you need the Rubberband brigade to take care of PITA? Just ask The Bear Maiden about us and the head of it (that's me). We take care of the IFKALP for her as well as other problem horses behinds for friends. Set a deadline for them. Then sit them down and work up a budget for them. Then stick with the deadline. When that day comes, clean house, literally. Your sanity and house are at stake. They are young and sucking the life out of you. That isn't fair to the moodmagicbarbie.

Head of the Rubberband Brigade