Thursday, May 10, 2007

tell me, is this fair?

Hey, good news pita passed the driving test and got his license. He failed the test last fall and vowed to have his license before he turned 19, he's seven months ahead of schedule. I don't know if I will trust him with the cheesebus yet, but we'll see what happens.

So listen to this...the not-for-profit agency I work for, who took us over cause the other not-for-profit spent all the money and went bankrupt, promised us substantial raises'. I was really excited about maybe making over thirty grand until I realized who was going to be the big loser. Since I've been at the job, we (the clinicians and teachers) all were given lunch. Not a big feast, it was defiantly rationed, but lunch none the less (which was good because technically we don't get a lunch break). Last week the clinicians were told that we could no longer eat lunch...OK fine, but next week we are going on a trip and was informed by the kitchen that the only thing they were giving us were one peanut butter and jelly sandwich per child and no juice...WHAT...

So the director of the site, who is not my boss, is of another nationality. All the people of power at this site are of the same nationality...teachers, office workers, even the janitor...the cooks are of a regular nationality that you find in the hood...so anyway, she gets a lot of free stuff to give the kids and parents from large place like bath and body works etc...the thing is that she takes the stuff and divides it among her people (folks of the same nationality). The parents NEVER see the stuff, nor do the other folks at the site who are not of her persuasion...and if we get anything, its the stuff that they don't want...that sucks...

just in passing...
I was talking with moodmagicbarb and she disclosed why she hates math..."I like absolute numbers" she says..."why do we have to round numbers? if its 81.75 then its 81.75...why do I have to round up...who rounds numbers...why can't it just be?" "I like things as they are...they must be exact...if you say you will do something at nine-fifteen, don't do it at nine-sixteen...it must be on the minute..." was it the rabbit in Alice in Wonderland who had to tell the exact time every minute? If I say it's ten o'clock, and its nine-fifty-nine, moodmagicbarb WILL correct me...

So I'm going to bed, I'm exhausted...

No comments: