Friday, January 18, 2008

what goes around truly comes around...

I had an argument/discussion with moodmagicbarbie the other day who told me that I am so nice it annoys her...she said that she is tired of me being so forgiving to folks who diss/hurt me...I told her yeah, its annoying and I probably shouldn't be that way but I refuse to change me because of a few bad seeds...I have been diss/hurt a few times in my life, but who hasn't...but everyone I meet I treat with love, respect and give them my all until they prove me different...tho I realize that I do sometimes come on too strong too soon and scare them away, or they take my kindness for weakness...however I find it's a deterrent because folks feel real guilty about taking advantage and most often walk away from me...
so we went back and forth...she felt that ANYONE who messes with her, or hurts/disses her will be cut off for life after the first offense...
so here's why I am the way I am...remember a while back I talked about the client who stole money out of my wallet but ended up giving it back because she felt guilty (and with the help of kojak the detective)? well here's another story...
when I moved into my historical apartment, I used the services of a broker...he understood that Harlem belongs to US and when I told him I wanted the apt helped me secure it by lending me the money for the rent and security (I had to get a bank check and with my credit union, it was going to take a few days)...I returned the money to his account via a wire transfer...thus the issue...the credit union wired 520 dollars extra...fast forward a month...the mistake was caught and they pulled the money out of my account...when I called them they explained what happened and said I had to get the money back from the broker...I called him at 7 in the morning explaining the issue...he told me he had received the extra money and that he thought it was a gift/bonus...who gives 520 as a gift/bonus, not I...anywho...by 6 that night he returned 500 dollars..I didn't quibble about the 20 cause shit, I got my 500 without an argument, fight, or wait...
so that's why I am the way I am because it does come back...and no matter how shitty folks are, as long as you're true to you what goes around will come back around again...

1 comment:

The Bear Maiden said...

Yeah, it pays to take the High Road and be forgiving. Although in my "Wonder Years" I WAS MMB... completely unforgiving. Then life kicked my ass. Hopefully, she'll learn a little sooner and less painfully... she's a funny girl, that one.