Friday, September 12, 2008

my life is on the upswing....

...sometimes it's not worth complaining because things just work themselves out...
MMB came to her senses...actually she was very apprehensive about starting high school and she has major issues with anticipation...so now that we are in the second week of school she has settled into her groove...she survived freshman friday, partly because she does not look like a freshman...

choclahontas did the right thing, stepped up to the plate and got rid of all the leeches in her life...now all she needs is a job...

and idiot...I'm not impressed by him, nor am I afraid of him...I tell him the truth...most times he does not want to hear it and becomes belligerent...but like I told him, at the end of the day I'm all you have...I'm the only one who will keep it real with you, and knowing your for 25 years, I know you inside and out so cut the shit...you better step up to the plate and fix yourself...man up to your fuck ups cause Lord knows I man up every time I screw up...

this morning we had a really nice talk about disneybarbie being pregnant...she's 17...I was the first to know but he's never acknowledge the pregnancy to me...so this morning he did...and even admitted that he really doesnt know how to handle it...as far as his relationship with MMB at this point, I realized he's scared of her...he does not know how to approach her...not making an excuse for him cause being daddy he needs to figure that shit out...and quickly...cause MMB is unforgiving...but under that she as soft as vanilla ice cream...she's like me, a porcupine...we poke folk to protect our underbelly...
I always say there's hope for him...like bearmaiden with thecat, I've seen the other side...I've rubbed the soft underbelly...it's ok to be a girlyman...but I'm not settling for less, especially when it comes to my kids...

so the job is ok...the "talk" was not what I thought...they want me, they need me...I was cut a day, but the other director hired me as a consultant for 2 1/2 a week which will roughly give me my missing wages...I'm looking for a paying gig (part time), but in the mean time I'm going to volunteer...I've applied to CASA(court appointed special advocates), which is a volunteer court appointed guardian ad litem, working as an advocate for foster children to help them obscure safe permanent housing...gotta do something, if I stayed home, my house would be a different color every week...

so back to work...actually I have nothing to do today but I will pretend...

1 comment:

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

gotta keep the hope
but glad u see thwe up swing

be safee folk