Friday, August 17, 2007

what gives..

a while ago I talked about landlady, she is not assertive but passive aggressive. So I get the feeling she wants me out of the apartment, but she hasnt actually said anything but she is doing shadyshit...
I saw how she dealt with crazyneighbor, and what she did/said to get him to leave, and one of the things was to play with the lease.
My lease was up in march, she did not renew it, and said she was going to add a rider...now you have to understand that she is "proper" and the lease is a big issue to her. She never gave me the rider so I have no lease...the other thing is she told me that she was refinancing the house and my rent was going to go up substantially...I told her that if it went up too much I would not be able to afford it and would have to move...I said would it make more sense to have a tenent who pays steadily and promptly or have the apartment stay empty for months...it took her about six months before I rented the apartment.
She mentioned before that she could easily get two thousand for this apartment...she's said it enough to let me know thats what she wants for this apartment...so now she's turned the water pressure down so much that I can't flush the toliet...not a good look...we have to flush repeadtly, thus wasting water.
I emailed her last night, and to posting she has not called me back...(we are also having an influx of waterbugs)...
So to be on the safe side, I'm starting to look at apartments...she can come to me and say this will be your new rent and thats that cause I dont have a lease...

2 comments:

The Bear Maiden said...

Come to Florida! :)

Seriously that's too bad. I love your apartment. But when people start acting shady, oh well. Do you know for certain that she turned the water pressure low?

That sucks.

professor said...

the water pressure is definatly weaker...but I now know that she can't 1. put me out because and 2. cant raise the rent because...and anything she does will take alot of time and cost her..