Wednesday, November 28, 2007

the saga continues....

so I will be moving after all...I just can't take the negativity...landlady wants to blame me/make me pay for her mistakes and inability to be an effective landlady...being a social worker I am used to folks projecting their bullshit on me...thats transference and its ok, but I want to leave that shit at work...not bring it into my home.

*disclaimer* nothing I say is absolute...I can only draw an opinion from my experience and the experiences of those around me.

I have noticed that there is a bunch of black women out there that fall into a certain category...you know the type, afro-centric, well educated, either with locks, very short hair, or natural hair...slightly overweight and claim to be health conscious (till they go home behind closed doors and eat their loneliness/anger away)...they usually hold good jobs, tend to be professors, lawyers, teachers and administrators (for some reason I have not come across this type in the direct care SW field), and all own their own home (some have tenants)...most tend to be overachievers and are involved in many activities and functions (to cover for lonely nights perhaps)...most come from the hood, but you would never know it by the way they speak or behave- till they throw it up in your face to show you that they MADE IT and why can't you...they travel the world (with girlfriends of course, cause they ain't paying for that no-good black man)...

Boy are they ANGRY...they have only work and other single females (just like them of course) that they commiserate and hang out with...they have no men (none are good enough) and none have children...they are generally between 35 and 45...They claim to care for the community and most don't aspire to be white...quite the opposite...they welcome their ethnicity and really don't do anything to accentuate their beauty (like shave their legs or armpits) and will splurge on Afrocentric handbags and expensive non-logo bags (coach leather is a big hit- which is a direct contradiction cause most are vegetarian) and expensive business suits...oh, but during down-time they look like slave-girl sally...

But ooo-wee you got to look out for them...they will tell you what your doing wrong in your life and do whatever's necessary to put you down to cover for their own personal inadequacies.
There are two professors at my college who fit this bill...one got fired on the spot (I took over her class) for talking down to her students, and the other I had when I was at the college (it was her first semester teaching) and years later she's still spewing the hate and still single...landlady and lawyerlady also fit into this stereotype...

No comments: