Monday, November 19, 2007

I am water...watch me flow

around the bullshit of life...if you are rigid like a stick you will get stuck and caught between the obstacle rocks that jut out of the river bed...

the apartment was/is absolutely beautiful, but there was a catch that thanks to hypervigilantbarbies's other half thegrinch caught...I would be responsible for paying for my own heat and hot water...talking to my crazy neighbor, formally of downstairs, he informed me that it could cost me as much as 400 dollars a month...it will show up on my con-ed bill...so I told the couplelandlords I couldnt risk that and took my deposit back...

on the homefront I sent an email to landlady outlining her total disregard for the minor in the apartment by not addressing the heat situation, called 311, and got INSTANT results...the heat is on and set to 70 degrees...

I hate to say, but some folks that are of my culture are very superficial...when lawyerlady came to my apartment, she was mouthy until she saw my fordam masters degree hanging on the wall...then her tone softened...so sat, when she told me that she was going to "fix" the thermostate, we got into a conversation...long story short, she mentioned that she attended Harvard and NYU law school...not missing the opportunity to show her up, I disclosed that Poppy went to Harvard but a long time ago as he is now 70..."oh" she gushed "he went in the late fifties...he paved the way for people like me...oh and faced discrimination and succeeded"..."yes" I said "hes (a known black writer)...and hes now a TENURED professor"..."oh" she continued to gush as her tone softened as she felt that we ARE on the same level after all...
I told her I CHOOSE to live in the hood (yes bitch, this IS the hood)to be close to those I serve...I also told her that I wont/cant pay 2000 and I will move..."we set on that figure because other apartments in the area go for that much, and your kitchen is HUGE"..."no, that's cross town where the white folks live, in this neck of the hood the 3 bedroom are going for 1300, and I found one around the corner...what the phone number?"...I could hear her brain ticking...if she leaves, landlady will have to fork over 2800 and if other apts are going for 1300, we may not be able to rent this...ummm, maybe I should back off...
So she talked and assured me we would work something out..."oh, (landlady) speaks so highly of you...she said you're just alike...I don't know where all this is coming from"..."oh, I don't know either"...yeah I do know where its coming from, that fat bastard..."yes, I clean the property, and take care of the garbage"..."yes, you do maintaince" she rephrased...uh yeah, someone paying 2000 a month WONT do that...they would have to hire a super...

so yesterday when the heat came on (the dude that came told oliveoil my neighbor the boiler was off) lawyerlady wanted to come in and check the radiators, but my phone was dead and I wasnt home, so I returned the call..."blah blah blah, yes, we will be moving the thermostate, blah blah blah...there wont be an issue with the heat anymore"...I know thats right... I told her to call me in the week and let me know what landlady has to say about the rent..."of course" she said as she rushed me off the phone...

it hit me then that they wished they could crawl in a hole and disappear...they didn't realize my power when they decided to tangled with me...I am not going to contact anyone, I am going to allow them to save face and act like this bullshit never happened, and I will pay my rent on the first like I always do...and wait to see what other blunders these two educated fools make...

No comments: