Tuesday, July 20, 2010

i don't know what to do...

...i'm two paychecks away from disaster...i have a car note, car insurance, high rent, a loan at the credit union that need immediate attention...unemployment wont cover it...i have a job but they are dragging their feet giving me cases...
so i'm sitting here trying to figure out how to make money...i've worked for myself before and i'm not scared...i owned a beauty salon and i did family day care...i actually like doing family daycare and being a social worker i have an advantage...BUT, and there is almost always a but, my apt won't qualify...it's too small and i live on the second floor of a walk-up...
so i could not pay rent and move to an acceptable apt...hustle for the few months it will take to get my business online...
with my experience with children, especially delayed children I can really give the kids something...and parents will pay...
i don't want to rely on other people...i hate it...
so that's my thought for the day...

3 comments:

Julie said...

What about working privately with kids with delays? The hard part is identifying the kids and the families who have a need and the ability to pay for private services. But honestly, if you could get in with some of the schools in districts 2 and 3 or private schools, you could write your own ticket. Those parents are so worried about being on top, they see delays where they don't exist and are willing to pay through the nose to make sure their kids get ahead of the curve.

The Bear Maiden said...

First off, little sister, you need to have some faith in the Higher Power. You are not two paychecks away from disaster. Disaster takes a really, really, really long time to happen. I know you may not like the thought of being broke, but remember me? I spent lots of time working and paying bills on time and being responsible. And what I have learned in my apparent irresponsibility is that... God Makes A Way. But He makes a way if you believe that He can.

Little sister, your head may be telling you all those things about "not relying on people" and "being responsible" but I spent 18 hours in Chincha, Peru, and it made me remember something.

Bull Bay.

Remember how we sat on the beach that day, the four of us, and prayed that we wouldn't lose our way in the land of plenty? Remember what it was like to dig a hole and shit in it, and cover it, or cook over an open fire built in a tire wheel, or wait for that damned papaya to get a little bigger so we could boil it? Remember showering in the rain?

Remember it little sister, because you are in America now, and you will NEVER live like that again, no matter how "broke" you feel or scary things might seem.

You have a beautiful apartment, a car, nice clothes. You have pretty much perfect credit. Even if you gave up your car, and even if you struggled for a bit on unemployment, it takes a while to lose an apartment in NY.

I can hear you now... I know what you're going to say so I won't belabor the point. But you live in America. You have survived far, far worse and it will never be that bad again. Even me... as broke as I am and dread coming back to the nightmare I face... it's better than here.

Have faith. Keep your heart open to the possibilities because they are boundless...

professor said...

yes sister...well said...
Julie i'm working on a few things...