Friday, December 25, 2009

merry christmas...

I don't keep christmas...I don't knock anyone who does...but I don't see the point in running around to find gifts for folks just cause we're supposed too...I much prefer birthdays...that's your special day...a day you don't have to share...

but looking back over this year, whew, it was crazy...the year started off with poppy being sick...very sick...to him losing his leg...wow...took me some time to process that one...got choclahontas out the of the apartment...away from the hood and the possibility of her losing her freedom/life...kicked her ass out...made her move in with a guy she basically just met...not something I'm proud of and don't even advocate but I'm thankful it's worked out...

started the year with a boyfriend, but that was dead by may...but the most amazing thing to me is the fact that I walked off my job and into another...wow...I NEVER thought I would ever have the balls to do something like that...I'm not selfish at all and that was a pure selfish move and I DID IT...
I tracked down this job...got this job after being interviewed by seven people and beat out about five other candidates...wow...I really feel good...
I'm taking this moment to reflect... ...wow...

so this year...what will it bring...I'm applying for the PhD program at city university...don't know if I'll get in, but I've realized i'm smart...dont know it all, but am pretty damn smart...so TO NOT TRY IS A FAILURE...

back to the year that's ending...poppy once again has pulled through...once again is slowly muddling through life...

but wait...this is the end of a decade...bigger wow...I've accomplished so much this year...I graduated college in 2001 and grad school in 2004...I've owned two new cars, raised my children, moved two times, had two short term boyfriends (no longer than four months- I've got to change that, or change the folks I'm dealing with)...became a college professor and a licensed social worker...have five years experience under my belt...became a grandmother...and I'm still 29!!!!!!

on this christmas, I'm so thankful to have lived another year, another ten years...no gift could ever make me feel as good as I feel right now...
merry christmas to me...

No comments: