Saturday, August 2, 2008

choices...

I can chose to stay on the job...nobody in reality is firing me...or I can search for a new job...which is what I'm doing anyway...
I have to be honest and say I kind of painted myself in a corner...I opened my mouth so now folk watch what they say around me and don't "trust" me...but I do a really good job...
also the other thing is we still don't have a head teacher and only four kids are returning...I did hear murmurings of the site being closed, but again folks are giving me the gossip...oh well...
I like working for the schools cause I really like having the school holidays...but MMB is going into high school and will be a part of a lot of after school activities and will be working (she said as soon as she turns 14 in Nov.) so it's not such a big deal as it was when the girls were younger...
I really feel like "clinical director" is pushing me out...she probably has someone in mind...as they tend to hire family and friends...and boss lady becomes very passive to her at strange times...
or I could just stay, move on, and work everyone's nerves...I do have a sweet gig that I'm not really looking to disrupt...I just want more organization and some freaking supervision...who asks for supervision...but I like bouncing new ideas, and as a social worker, being able to have some of my good ideas substantiated and implemented...I don't know it all, but I know what I know...and having my bad ideas shot down with an explanation...I need an explanation...I just can't take folks word for it...
I could also teach full time, but I don't think that would pay the bills...I rather like the part time money with no real commitment to the institution...
so Ima study like a bandit and hopefully pass the LCSW on the first try and maybe I can go into private practice...
or I could become a home daycare provider and provide a small group of children the best preschool development and nurturing that money can buy...or become a private educational/social emotional development nanny...I just don't do housework or wash clothes...

chocolate is in the hospital again...just asthma from drinking milk...the doctors looked at me and said "really? you're sure it's milk?"...they used to do that when choclahontas had asthma brought on by food...they refuse to believe that asthma is directly related to emotions and food...especially food...if chocolate is around animals, he wheezes..."I wheezing...I need face medicine"...he's really in tune and will tell you when an attack is coming on...but anyway...choclahontas couldn't eat almonds- a sure hospital visit...tomatoes, peanuts, and she can die if she eats any form of shellfish...restaurants are tricky cause if they cook the food in the same oil, pot, or use the same serving spoon that's a three day stay at mount Sinai hospital...

MMB is getting over a stomach bug/food poisoning...her stomach can't handle Mama's fried chicken...the nasty chicken joint on the corner...

so I'm enjoying the stormy weather...going to work on typing poppy's latest novel...